How we named our boat
Julio started his love for fishing at the young age of 15. He and his best friend, Manny, would take their small boat out all over Boston Harbor, Hull and George's Island.
They would fish all day until dark, bringing home lots of fish, lots of memories and dreams of one day starting their own chartering business (in a much bigger boat, of course!)
Often, they were almost taken out by larger fishing vessels passing them by. Our brave Manny would stand up in their little boat and yell "You're lucky we left the big one at home!"
Sadly, Julio lost his best friend to cancer, February of 2011. But we will never forget the dream of owning that "big one". So, here's to you, Manny!
"May your memory live on with each charter, each catch and each adventure on "Manny's Big One"!
Manny's brothers and nephews
Cruising with Manny's brothers and nephews.
Miss you buddy!
Six Year Anniversary
Cedar Grove Cemetary, Dorcester, MA
Seven Year Anniversary
Cordage Park Marina, Plymouth, MA
About Manny's Bigger One
Julio purchased Manny's Bigger One in 2016, This is the second boat named after Manny. The first boat was called Manny's BigOne.
- Manny's Bigger One is a 1989, 29 ft. Blackfin. It's powered by twin 454 Gas Engines. Each engine provides 350 hp for a total of 700 hp.
- Our boat is equipped with latest technologies: Raytheon Radar and Fish Finder, and a Garmin GPS
- All our fishing gear is professionally maintained. We specialize in Penn, Shimano and Okuma gear, just to name a few.
- Automatic flushing toilet
- Swim Platform
- Full galley
- Plenty of storage
- Comfortably sleeps up to 6 people
- Latest safety equipment
- Our vessel is US Coast Guard inspected
- Manny's Bigger One is equipped with a GoPro Camera to capture those special moments.